5 best reasons for cabinet refacing
by Karl Fendelander
Face Your Kitchen Columnist
You spend a lot of time in the kitchen -- in the morning when you're just waking up, at night when you're relaxing after a day's work, every time you cook or go grab something from the fridge. If you're barely able to tolerate the ugliness of your cabinets, you might not be getting any enjoyment from your time in the kitchen. Don't give up; there's still hope for your cabinets.
The best things about cabinet refacing
It might seem like they deserve to be ripped from the walls and set on fire in the front yard as a warning to ugly cabinets the world over, but unless there's structural damage or completely unfixable issues with the design, refacing is the way to go. Here are five great things about cabinet refacing:
- It can be less expensive. Underneath their hideous exterior, your cabinets could have a solid infrastructure that's worth saving. Instead of tearing it all out just to replace it with something comparable, give that solid foundation a facelift and save big.
- It can be less hassle. Kitchens are a huge part of daily life. Why do without yours for longer than you have to? Cabinet refacing takes a fraction of the time that replacement does because there's far less to remove and reinstall.
- It a green alternative. Because you're keeping the basic structure intact and many other parts are reused when possible, there's a lot less waste involved in cabinet refacing and a lot less new material involved. It's a great way to recycle right in your own home.
- Loads of options are available. You aren't missing out by opting to reface instead of replace. Even old, peeling, discolored rigid thermofoil cabinets can be transformed into gorgeous cherry wood that looks, feels and operates like new. With veneers and new drawer fronts and cabinets doors, whatever style or material you want in your kitchen can be yours.
- Give your kitchen a new look in no time. In just a few days, you can change your kitchen from a dark, fake-wood-from-the-seventies dungeon into a highly functional kitchen that looks like it belongs in a magazine, inspires you to cook and garners bunches of compliments. Brighten things up, tone them down, modernize or go for a classic look -- cabinets take up so much space in your kitchen that refacing them can change the whole room around.
Whatever you decide to do, when it comes to cabinetry it's best to bring in a professional. A bonded, licensed and insured* contractor like the ones you'll find in our network can get the job done quickly and correctly . Find a contractor today, and start enjoying your kitchen again.
*See terms and conditions: http://www.streetcertified.com/about/Terms.jsp