Top 5 Reasons to Install Kitchen Drawer Cabinets
by Amelia Gray
Face Your Kitchen Columnist
Refacing any kitchen can be a financial commitment and a bit of a hassle. Even with the work involved, there are lots of reasons why you might want to install drawers in your kitchen cabinets. We've picked the top five to help you make your decision.
Top Reasons to Install Kitchen Drawer Cabinets
- Simple installation. Unlike some cabinet refacing projects, kitchen drawers can be a DIY installation, completed over a weekend. Some pre-assembled drawers can fit into standard sized cabinets with little installation.
- Maximize storage space. With traditional cabinets, items can get lost in the back of cabinet space. Drawers give you a better view of items, eliminating the tendency to overlook them.
- Low cost. Cabinet drawers can be installed at a relatively low cost to consumers. Price estimates range between $100 and $500, depending on how many drawers you wish to install.
- Smart storage. For items that need a little extra space, drawers can be perfect. Bulky lids and cutting boards are perfect for kitchen drawer cabinets. If you don't have the counter space for a stand mixer or other larger appliances, they can tuck handily into drawers.
- Increased safety. No more bending and balancing to reach to the back of deep shelves. Older homeowners value the ability to slide drawers out instead of twisting to reach.
Explore your kitchen drawer options and learn more about manufacturers, custom-built installations, price ranges and more.