Kitchen Cabinet Styles
by Amy Fanter
Face Your Kitchen Columnist
Considering a kitchen remodel? Chances are you're also looking to replace your old cupboards with brand new kitchen cabinets. However, with so many kitchen cabinet styles to choose from, the process can become overwhelming. That's why the National Kitchen and Bath Association recommends that you familiarize yourself with various kitchen cabinet styles before beginning your project.
If you're not sure which new cupboards will suit you best, here's a brief overview of kitchen cabinet styles to help you select the perfect cabinets for you.
Different Kitchen Cabinet Styles
With so many new colors, design, and hardware options, selecting just the right kitchen cabinets can be a daunting task. That's why it's important to understand your own style.
- Victorian - This kitchen cabinet style looks antiqued and is typically made from heavy real wood with chrome pulls and knobs.
- Modern - Typically made of stainless steel, marble, granite, or frosted glass this kitchen cabinet style has a "less is more", uncluttered look with sleek, straight, and clean lines and bright colors such as red, yellow, blue, black or white.
- Southwestern - Featuring attention to folk-art detail and rustic craftsmanship, these new kitchen cabinets are typically made of natural materials and hand-painted fabrics with colors that are reminiscent of the desert's oranges, greens, tans, and browns.
- Country - If a rustic, weathered, and cozy feel is what you're after, then the muted hues and earth tones of a "country" cabinet will suit your home best.
- Eclectic - If your kitchen features a mix of decorations from various eras, and you aren't tied to a particular color palette or pattern, then your new kitchen cabinets should feature a harmonious blend of old and new too.
About the Author
As you can see, when it comes to new kitchen cabinets, there are many looks that can fit your personality and enhance your living space.
Amy Fanter a freelance writer based in Reno, Nevada.
To find a kitchen expert now,
call toll-free: 1-855-652-9016