Cabinet Refacing Plus Other Upgrades Get Home Ready For Sale
by Allison Millar
Face Your Kitchen Columnist
When preparing your home for sale, remember that your kitchen cabinets are a key feature. Potential home buyers will focus on the overall kitchen design, as well as how attractive and functional the cabinets are. Here are the Top 5 ways to spruce up your kitchen cabinets:
- Cabinet Refacing. This involves hiring a contractor to replace your kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts. Cabinet refacing literally gives the front of your cabinets a new look - ranging from contemporary to traditional to Shaker or eclectic. Cabinet refacing typically takes less than three days and is about one third of the cost of replacing your kitchen cabinets.
- Kitchen Cabinet Hardware. Many people who do a cabinet refacing project also update their cabinet hardware. This is a quick and inexpensive way to add a new look to your kitchen cabinets. There are a variety of cabinet hardware styles, many priced from $3 to $7 each.
- Roll Out Drawers. A cabinet refacing contractor can add the ultimate in functionality - drawers that roll out. These often are placed near a stove and are ideal for storing pots, pans and small appliances.
- Glass Cabinet Doors. If you want to dress up your kitchen cabinets, consider adding glass door in a few choice locations. A clear or etched glass pattern can make a big impact.
- Cabinet Molding. Add a one to three inch crown molding on your kitchen cabinets to add style and dimension. A contractor also can add decorative molding vertically, to enhance the framing around a large cabinet, for example.
There are many ways to dress up your kitchen cabinets and get your kitchen ready for prospective buyers. Consider these Top 5 projects - or at least a few - to update your kitchen design.
About the Author
Allison E. Beatty is a syndicated real estate writer. She has been a writer of home improvement columns for 15 years. Her articles have appeared in numerous national newspapers and magazines, and on home improvement web sites.
To find a kitchen expert now,
call toll-free: 1-855-652-9016