Transform your kitchen in time for Christmas
Impress your holiday guests: Spruce up your kitchen by Christmas. Small-scale kitchen remodeling projects don't have to cost a fortune, and they can add lasting value to your home. Here are five quick projects that you might easily complete before Santa arrives:
- Reface your cabinets. Bring in a pro and get the job done right. Cabinet refacing involves applying peel-and-stick veneer to your cabinet doors and drawer faces. A professional should have the experience with pressure-sensitive veneer and own the refacing tools to complete the job quickly.
- Change-out your cabinet hardware. If your cabinets look acceptable now, think of how you can make them pop by adding new pulls, hinges and knobs. You can transform the whole kitchen look in a matter of hours!
- Add new lighting fixtures. Spot or under-cabinet lighting adds bright accents. You may save money by using new energy-efficient LED lamps. When the meal is ready, you can turn out that big overhead light and use your new fixtures to create a warm holiday glow.
- Apply new molding. Flint molding can provide an upper base for new kitchen spot lighting. A contractor may be able to wrap your kitchen in attractive molding well before December 25. Crown molding can transform your cabinets, too!
- Clean laminate countertops. Trisodium phosphate (TSP) can safely strip off years of built-up grunge. Use soap, water and elbow grease on solid-surface countertops.
Creating a fresh look in your kitchen can be a present to yourself that keeps giving long after the last guest departs.
To find a kitchen expert now,
call toll-free: 1-855-652-9016